The Sisters of Mercy is a congregation of Catholic women religious dedicated to serving people who suffer from injustices related to poverty, sickness or lack of education.
They draw inspiration from Catherine McAuley, who founded the Sisters of Mercy in Dublin, 1831, to alleviate the social and spiritual ills of the time. Bishop James Murray invited the Sisters to the then Diocese of Maitland. On 31 August, 1875 ten Sisters arrived in Singleton and commenced their works of mercy − education, care of orphans, visitation of the sick and elderly.
Through ministries which have changed with the needs of the times, the Sisters have striven to know God's loving kindness in their own lives and to share it with others.
Visit the Sisters of Mercy, Singleton, online.