Late in the evening of 30 November, 2017, the Holy Father, Pope Francis, announced that Fr Brian Mascord VG would be nominated as the fifth Bishop of Wollongong.
Bishop Elect, Brian Mascord’s ordination is set to take place on 22 February, 2018 at the WIN Entertainment Centre in Wollongong and you’re invited to join other members of the Diocese for a coach trip to take part in the ceremony.
7.00pm, Thursday 22nd February 2018, at WIN Entertainment Centre (Corner Crown and Harbour Streets, Wollongong)
Principal Consecrator: Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP, Co-Consecrators: Bishop Peter Ingham and Bishop William Wright
There are a number of arrangements for those who wish to attend the ordination of Fr Brian Mascord as Bishop of Wollongong and to gain entry into the Entertainment Centre:
1. Invited personal guests - will be allocated a seat
2. Coach trip and accommodation –
Travel by Coach leaving Hamilton on Thursday 22nd February at 11.00 am, arrive Wollongong at 3.30pm; return by Coach leaving Wollongong on Friday 23rd February at 9.00am, arrive Hamilton 1.30pm
Accommodation and Breakfast at Sage Hotel – a short walk from the Entertainment Centre.
Travel, accommodation and breakfast - Single - $270, Twin Share - $170 each person, Couples - $170 each person
Travel and accommodation needs to be secured by Monday 29th January. You are now able to register by filling in the form below.
Please complete the registration form and follow the prompts for payment. If you are unable to pay online, please come into the Catholic Development Fund at the diocesan offices, 841 Hunter Street, Newcastle West and make your payment there.
3. Accommodation - Accommodation and Breakfast at Sage Hotel – a short walk from the Entertainment Centre. Single - $220, Twin Share - $120 each person, Couples - $120 each person
Please contact Teresa Brierley by phone 4979 1157 or email Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or need assistance with registering for travel or accommodation
4. Allocated Seating – for those who are travelling using their own vehicles and arranging their own accommodation.
You will need to obtain a ‘pass’ from the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle so as to be allocated a seat and to sit with those who are going from our diocese. In order to receive a ‘pass’ please contact Brooke Robinson on email@example.com or phone 4979 1111. This should provide you with ease of access to the Entertainment Centre as well as providing the Diocese of Wollongong with the numbers attending for catering and organisational purposes.
5. Free Seating – for those who would like to attend outside of the above arrangements, you are encouraged to inform us of your attendance in advance because the venue may be fully booked. Please contact Brooke Robinson on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 4979 1111
For any questions, please call 4979 1157, or email email@example.com