The Diocesan Pastoral Support Unit (DPSU):
- provides support for parishes in their pastoral planning in line with the Diocesan Pastoral Plan (DPP);
- supports the work of the Diocesan Pastoral Council (DPC) and other diocesan councils - Liturgy Council, Social Justice Council, Adult Faith Formation Council, Ecumenical and Interfaith Council, and Diocesan Council for Ministry with Young People;
- supports the many diocesan pastoral ministries including Hospital Chaplaincy, Prison Chaplaincy, Port Chaplaincy, University Chaplaincy;
- networks with other ministries such as the Missionary of Mercy, Council for Australian Catholic Women (CACW), Aboriginal Catholic Ministry, Tenison Woods Education Centre (TWEC);
- connects with Apostolic Groups such as the St Vincent de Paul Society, Catholic Women’s League, Caritas Australia and Catholic Mission.
Pastoral Works in the Diocese:
When you contribute to the pastoral ministries of the diocese, your funds support many initiatives including the work of parishes and other organisations in the diocesan community.
Download the Pastoral Works brochure for more information.
The Diocesan Pastoral Support Unit is led by the Vice Chancellor Pastoral Ministries who works closely with the Bishop in an attempt to provide the missionary outreach of the local church in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.