Pastoral Placement Participant - 2020
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is a geographically and organisationally large and diverse church, held together by a shared faith and the over-arching authority of the Bishop.
The Diocese provides ministry throughout its services and agencies, including Catholic Schools, Parishes, Social Services, Early Education, After School Care (OOSH) and Pastoral Ministries to name but a few.
The Diocese is seeking participants whose interests and God given gifts lead them to exploring what it might mean to proclaim Christ in word and deed. This is an exciting opportunity to discern the voice of the Spirit in your life and to share your gifts, hopes and ideas as a source of renewal for your local church. It is hoped that by engaging in this program, you will experience a real encounter with Jesus Christ which may lead to the discovery of a personal vocation and to full participation in the life of the Church.
As a Pastoral Placement Participant you will be provided with the opportunity to serve God and God’s people by engaging in work experience in various ministries across the diocese, while in special formation as a temporary member of the Bishop’s staff.
Participants will be placed in as many ministries throughout the diocese as possible to get a sense of what is involved in working in the mission field of diocesan life.
The Pastoral Placement Program commences in February 2020 and ends in November 2020. Participants will be employed on a part-time basis. Hours of work are approximately 10hr per week generally worked on Tuesday and Wednesday however, flexibility of days and hours of work may be required and considered when working within different services throughout the Diocese.
- you have a desire to grow in knowledge in the mission of the church and the work of its agencies throughout the Diocese;
- you are open and have an eagerness to respond to challenges within in various work environments;
- your values align with the teachings of Christ and mission of the church.
Please note, to be considered for this position you must provide individual responses to each of the selection critieria below, both essential and desirable.
- a Christian approach to working in the Church;
- capacity to work effectively as a member of a team and to honour confidentiality;
- good verbal and written, interpersonal and communication skills;
- preparedness to meet the demands of a variety of work/ministry settings in locations across the diocese; including being available to work evenings and weekends as required;
- ability to work independently, demonstrating responsibility and reliability;
- diligent, organised and able to prioritise and complete set tasks in a designated time;
- ability to use computers, digital technology and the Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- a Working With Children Clearance for paid employment must be obtained from the Office of the Children’s Guardian prior to commencing the role;
- hold a current NSW Driver Licence.
- keen to explore the call of the baptised;
- knowledge of and personal commitment to the Catholic Church and its teachings.
For more information about the role you can contact the Pastoral Ministries Team on 02 4979 1334 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the position please provide a resume and cover letter which individually addresses each of the above essential and desirable selection criteria.
Please note, by not adequately addressing each of the selection criteria your application may not be shortlisted.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a National Criminal History Record Check, have a current Working with Children Check, sign a Health Declaration and present evidence of right to Work in Australia.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Friday, 8 November 2019