Mums’ Cottage in Holmesville, under the caring guidance of founder and driving force, Sr Helen-Anne Johnson rsj, is providing a large range of free services for women, including respite, mentoring, counselling, advocacy, disability support, wellbeing strategies and leisure days.
The Cottage is reliant on the generosity of supporters and volunteers to keep all the programs running. If you would like to help Mums' Cottage you can do this in a number of different ways.
- You could donate some pre-loved children’s clothes, shoes, books or toys that are still in good working order.
- You could volunteer as a mentor to encourage and support the women who come to Mum’s Cottage.
- You could volunteer as an Office Administrator for a few hours a couple of days a week.
- You could offer your time to teach some skills or take part in pampering days.
- You could donate some time to help care for the gardens.
- You could help with fundraising or simply make a donation.
- You could attend the movie fundraiser on Thursday 30 October at 6pm at Event Cinemas Glendale to see ‘The Best of Me’.
As Lorraine Doolan wrote on the Mums' Cottage Facebook page, “Sr Helen-Anne reminds us that we all have value and a lot to offer. Mum’s Cottage is a place to soothe the soul”.
Sr Helen-Anne and her team of dedicated volunteers would love to hear from you, or even better, meet you in person at Mums’ Cottage 29 St Helen Street Holmesville. You can reach Mums’ Cottage on 4953 4105 or by visiting the website www.mumscottage.org.au