Are you interested in working in ministry for the Catholic Church in our local community? Part-time roles are available in pastoral placement for 10 months.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is offering a pastoral placement program for people seeking to explore opportunities to serve God and God's people through various ministries:
- Chaplaincies – Hospitals, University, Port, Prison, Schools
- Catholic Schools – Administration, Pastoral Care, Teaching
- CatholicCare Social Services – Youth, Out of Home Care, Disability
- Pastoral Ministries – Parish Family Liaison, Penola House (refugee outreach), Mum's Cottage (support for mothers), Seasons for Growth
- Children's Ministries – Special Religious Education (SRE), Sacraments of Initiation, Children's Liturgy and Chaplaincy
- Youth Ministries – Activ8, Teen Life, Diocesan Council of Ministry to Young People, World Youth Day
- Aged Care
- Overseas Aid and Development
For more information and to apply for a position, please see the Pastoral Placement Program webpage.