For the Christian community, Lent is a time when we prepare to celebrate our Easter faith in the power of God’s love to raise up new life, in even the darkest and most hopeless of places.
One of the Lenten practices in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is our Liturgies of Healing and Hope. In 2013 these are an important part of the Year of Grace, a year when Catholics have been invited by the Bishops to contemplate Christ in the hope that we will make a fresh start from Christ. We all need a fresh start, probably on a regular basis. And we are all aware of the Church’s need to start afresh from Christ and with Christ.
So in this Year of Grace all who are seeking healing and hope are invited to any of the venues listed below, to pray in faith, in hope and in love, 'that the Church may be transformed, our relationships healed and our nation grow in compassion and justice'.
This year all the prayers will be held in halls, rather than Churches, in an effort to create a relaxed and welcoming environment for all who wish to come. You are very welcome.
- Friday Feb 15, 7:00pm, Holy Name Primary School Hall, FORSTER
- Friday Feb 22, 7:00pm, St Joseph’s Hall 140 Wangi Rd, TORONTO
- Friday March 1, 7:00pm, St James Primary School Hall, MUSWELLBROOK
- Friday March 8, 7:00pm, The Therry Centre, EAST MAITLAND
- Friday March 15, 7:00pm, St Stephen’s Parish Centre, Witt St, TEA GARDENS
- Friday March 22, 7:00pm, St James Primary School Hall, Vista Pde, KOTARA
Download a flyer for the Liturgies of Healing and Hope. You can also view a media release about these gatherings, which include comments from the Diocesan Coordinator for The Year of Grace, Sr Louise Gannon rsj.